How to take care of your thermal printer
Author: Peacocks Sales Team
MAINTAINING YOUR THERMAL PRINTER
Print-head build-up is a common occurrence when printing with thermal transfer and direct thermal printers. Dirt and residue can deposit and build on the print-head over time, along with adhesive from your thermal labels. Without regular cleaning, the residue could become permanent and cause a "barrier" between the print-head and your labels.
Regardless of which method is used, the thermal print-head on your printer should be cleaned each time you change the label roll or ribbon. Regular cleaning will ensure that you continue to receive consistently excellent printing results while also preserving your print-head from premature failure.
- Never open the print-head mechanism or use any cleaners while the printer is on.
- Get loose dust particles out of the way by lightly blowing inside the print mechanism before you begin cleaning.
- Remove any watches or jewellery that could scratch the print-head or surrounding pieces.
- Avoid touching the print-head anywhere except the edges, even the lightest touch could potentially damage the print-head glass.
In addition to the suggestions listed above, you may want to inquire with the manufacturer of your printer about a yearly preventative maintenance program. Services such as these will provide a yearly check-up by an expert and will certainly elongate the lifespan of your thermal transfer or direct thermal printer.
RECOMMEND CLEANING WIPES FROM PEACOCK BROS.
|ISOWIPES/100PACK||ISO Wipes Sachet's 100 pack||P.O.A.|
To purchase a pack of wipes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICE & SUPPORT PLANS
- Desktop printer service plans: http://shop.labelnz.com/printers/service-support-plans/desktop/
- Mid-Range / Industrial printer service plans: http://shop.labelnz.com/printers/service-support-plans/mid-range-industrial/